I know, I know it’s that time of year again and spring cleaning is around the corner. Who’s excited? I’m not going to lie, I enjoy a good detox of clothes, Tupperware, etc. Some people don’t feel as excited about the process until after the work is finished. So even though it seems daunting, there are certain things that you can do to make the process a bit more enjoyable and manageable!
Below is a checklist compiled to help you tackle your spring cleaning duties:
- Reseal grout lines by penetrating the spaces between walls, floors and countertop tiles with a grout sealer. This is best to apply with a small foam brush!
- Shampoo your rugs! Many rugs that have a waterproof backing can be deep cleaned with a rotary shampoo machine. Sometimes vacuuming just doesn’t do the job you need.
- Clean upholstered furnishings by gently beating the cushions outside by hand to remove the dust. If there are stains then make sure you check the care instructions before washing.
- Deep dusting allover, including hard-to-reach places like the ceiling fans, light fixtures and windows.
- Get organized by going through your junk drawer, coat closet and master closet by starting a toss, donate or keep pile! This will help you eliminate items that you may be hanging onto for no reason.
- Transfer your wardrobe to save room. This means switch out your closets if you have room or go get your nice winter jackets and tops dry cleaned and stored for the summer months. This way they will last longer and stay in good condition!
- Power wash the exterior of your home and windows to get rid of dirt or prevent mold and mildew from growing.
- Clean out your kitchen pantry, cabinets and drawers. Wipe them out and install shelf paper. Discard stale spices or dated items.
- Clean our your bathrooms medicine cabinets and drawers.
Spring cleaning can make you feel good and also prepare your kitchen or bathroom for a full remodel. In fact – we think a new set of kitchen cabinets would be a great addition to a spring cleaning project! 🙂